Gradual reopening of our Hair Salons
Our residents are happy to hear that they will finally be able to make an appointment and be pampered by our hairdressers and beauticians! This wonderful news brings a lot of joy to many residents, especially those who would use this time as a way to share their inspiring life stories and socialize with others.
More great news for our residents this week!
We are pleased to announce that we have received authorization to reopen the hair salons in our residences*. This authorization was obtained thanks to the excellent work by the tireless teams who have successfully adopted best practices:
- Ministry of Health and Social Services (MSSS)
- Institut national de santé du Québec (Quebec’s national health institute)
- Public Health
- Robert-Sauvé Research Institute for Occupational Health and Safety (IRSST)
- Health Canada
*At this time, we are authorized to reopen the hair salons of these residences: Sorel, Granby, Sherbrooke and du Musée. We are expected to receive authorization for other residences on the week of June 15, 2020.
Modifications to the Salons and Services
Certain modifications by the hair salon team must be made to the premises and to the delivery of services in order to adapt to the current situation. These include:
- When possible, a distance of two meters between each of chair will be maintained. If this is not possible due to lack of space, a physical barrier (such as a Plexiglas) will be installed between the chairs, and, as a last resort, access will be limited to one client at a time in the salon.
- There will be a reduced number of appointments during the day in order to leave time for the disinfection of all touched surfaces and equipment used between each client.
- Hand sanitizer will be available to everyone at the entrance of the salon.
- Contactless payments will be preferred, however, we accept all payment methods with adequate disinfection of the terminal and hand sanitizing between each customer.
- Finally, the hairdressing staff must ensure that the premises is well ventilated.
For everyone’s health and safety, we are implementing additional measures for the reopening of our hair salons.
- Before reopening, hairdressers and estheticians must follow our training courses on the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE). They will then receive training by our staff on hygiene, cough etiquette and symptoms to watch for.
- Upon their arrival at the residence:
- They must always complete our visitor’s questionnaire so that we can be informed of their state of health.
- For the health and safety of our residents, they must wear a mask and eye protection at all times.
- For treatments requiring physical contact and close proximity to residents, the hairdresser or beautician must wear a lab coat or gown that can be changed between each client.
- They must also change into their work clothes or uniform upon arrival at the residence and remove them at the end of their shift. These clothes should be washed daily.
- As a precaution, hairdressers must remind residents to wear a face covering at all times and to disinfect their hands when entering and leaving the salon.
- The frequency of hand washing must be strictly observed.
For optimal functioning of the reopening of our hairdressing salons, the management of the residence and the hairdressing salon staff will communicate frequently with each other in order to identify, control and eliminate potential risks.
Follow us on Facebook and don't miss anything!
The only use of the feminine in this news is to lighten the text.