Association des Blais d’Amérique
It was with great pleasure that Groupe Savoie – Résidences Soleil participated in the Association des Blais d’Amérique’s 14th annual gathering as a partner company (“Entreprise Partenaire”).
2014 gathering (14th)
The Blais family’s “À LA CANADIENNE” celebration
Saturday, September 6, 2014
Sainte-Marguerite municipal hall
235, rue Saint-Jacques
The 15th anniversary of the Association des Blais d’Amérique
The 150th anniversary of the Sainte-Marguerite church
Descendants of Pierre Blais
Any direct descendant or descendant by marriage of pioneer Pierre Blais can become a member of the Association des Blais d’Amérique, as can anyone else interested in working towards the association’s objectives.
- Bringing together all of the persons interested in the history and genealogy of Pierre Blais’ descendants.
- Organizing meetings and other activities to foster the building of relationships among association members.
- Developing and managing a Blais family archives fund.
- Preparing and distributing a networking newsletter and other historical/genealogical publications as well as promotional items associated with the Blais d’Amérique’s past and heritage.
- Administering a historical and genealogical assistance service for members.
Agenda – Saturday, September 6, 2014:
- Welcome and registration – Coffee and morning chat
- Celebratory mass in honour of the 150th anniversary of ancestor Dézilda Blais
- Performance by country singers Richard Marotte and Lucille Blais
- Concert featuring some of their songs, beginning at 9:45 a.m.
- Guided tour of the church, crypt and cemetery
- Cold lunch (municipal hall)
- Visit of the Calvaire and Lake Pomerleau
- Visit of the Maurice Pomerleau sawmill
- Visit of 3 road crosses
- Visit of Marland blueberry farm (participants are asked to bring their own containers for picking fruit)
- History conference (municipal hall)
- Indoor and outdoor lawn bowling
- Association’s annual general meeting
- Genealogical discussions
- Exhibit featuring artists from the Blais family
- Card games
- Club des Méritants protocol events and memorial awards
- Hot supper (fraternal) (municipal hall)
- “À la Canadienne” supper with Blais and Pomerleau cousins
- Final words and goodbyes
One-week vacation for two in one of the 14 Residences Soleil residences!