More than a 8 500 people was present on May 4 at the Complexe Desjardins and in our 14 Résidences Soleil for the great movement On jase-tu?. It is around a good coffee that young and old have helped to counter isolation among seniors. As a family-owned company, the Groupe Savoie is proud to have contributed to this great success that has made it possible to create links between the different generations.
The event in pictures
On May 4, 2019, we are pleased to invite you to join us, as the major sponsor of the On jase-tu? movement (which means let’s chat!), at the largest intergenerational gathering in Quebec. This movement aims at reducing the social isolation of seniors, a cause we feel strongly about for over 30 years.
In addition, events open to the public are organized simultaneously in all Les Résidences Soleil. We would like to invite you and your loves ones to join us this Saturday, from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm, at the Complexe Desjardins or at a Résidences Soleil. Take this opportunity to invite a senior or simply to chat with the participants over a good free coffee to support this important cause together.
We will try to beat the world record for the largest number of people having coffee at the same time!
For the large family of Résidences Soleil the On Jase-tu? movement represents one more step to break the isolation of seniors. The Savoie family has chosen to become involved as the major sponsor of this movement in order to raise awareness in the community about the contributions of our seniors. It is thanks to these small daily actions and our involvement that, together, we will succeed in countering this societal problem.
- Complexe Desjardins, 150 Sainte-Catherine West, Montreal : Come and meet several artists and public figures, including campaign spokesperson Marie-Claude Barette, as well as the Minister Responsible for Seniors and Informal Caregivers, Marguerite Blais. With more than 4000 participants expected, several media and artists well known to the public, there will be on site: free coffee by McCafé, gathering, games and surprise draws by Les Résidences Soleil.
- In all Les Résidences Soleil : check here all our addresses. Come alone, with family or friends, you are welcome! On site: free coffee by McCafé, gathering, games and surprise draws offered by Les Résidences Soleil.
- See all other gathering points across Quebec here: On jase-tu?
We thank you in advance for your involvement in this major campaign against the social isolation of seniors.
We look forward to seeing many of you there!
– The Savoie Family
Together, we can break the social isolation of seniors!
The Savoie family has chosen to become involved as the major sponsor of this movement in order to raise awareness in the community about the contributions of our seniors. As a pioneer in the field of seniors’ residences offering all services under one roof, the Savoie family banded together to create Les Résidences Soleil and, still today, have three generations of Savoie’s ensuring its operations every day. It is this very family spirit that goes into ensuring that each residence is inviting, evolving, safe, fulfilling and affordable to all seniors in Quebec, so that they can live the retirement of their dreams and avoid the loneliness and social isolation that plagues so many.
“The first home I built was specifically designed for my parents. I wanted to build something that would prevent them from feeling lonely. Today, seniors don’t come to our residences to die, but rather to live again! There you can meet people your age, and making connections is often easier. I am convinced that these relationships are important.”
– Mr. Eddy Savoie, President and Founder of Les Résidences Soleil
It is thanks to these small daily actions and our involvement that, together, we will succeed in countering this societal problem.
“Throughout the country, the rate of social isolation and loneliness is highest in Quebec. In 2016, there were 1.2 million people living alone. That’s too many! We must find solutions to this problem, and I decided to make it my mission.”
– Mrs. Marguerite Blais, Minister Responsible for Seniors and Informal Caregivers
"Last year we had a huge participation in the Montreal gathering. It was very beautiful to see. I realized that we were responding to a need with this initiative and it really pleased me. The isolation of seniors leaves no one indifferent ".
– Mrs. Marie-Claude Barrette, campaign spokesperson for On jase-tu?
Order Your Cup
For only $10, you can reserve your own On jase-tu? cup available at any Les Résidences Soleil or order directly on the On jase-tu? website.
All proceeds from the sale of the cups will go to the Little Brothers organization, which welcomes and provides support to single seniors all year long, to help counter their feelings of isolation.
Let’s Keep it Going
In order to keep this much needed #onjasetu movement going, we will be adding gatherings open to the public to the calendar of events in each of our residences throughout the year, with the purpose of sharing life experiences with our seniors. We also invite you to watch the other actions we take to counter loneliness. Together, we can break the social isolation of seniors!
We talk about it in the media
- Bel Age Magazine, May 2019
- TPL Moms : On jase-tu? The largest intergenerational gathering in Quebec is back
- Salut Bonjour : April 29, 2019 Interview with Marie-Claude Barrette, campaign spokesperson for On jase-tu?