On November 13th, 2018, we celebrate the 75th birthday of Mr. Eddy Savoie!
On this special day, we want to celebrate the kindness of this spouse, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, friend, owner and exceptional employer. On behalf of us all, the large family of Les Residences Soleil, we wish Mr. Savoie a happy birthday filled with joy and love.
A man with a great heart
Some pictures of the personal tributes prepared by his wife Carmelle, his brother Florent, his children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, as well as many friends and collaborators.
From plumber to pioneer
Surrounded by his loved-one Carmelle, his 5 children, 13 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, more than 7 000 residents and 2 000 employees, Mr. Savoie can proudly say that he has founded the most beautiful and large family en Quebec. Today, it has become the largest private and family business in this field.
In addition to his business acumen and foward-thinking nature, this man is especially recognized for his human approach, his dedication and real love for seniors.
Discover the impressive path of Mr. Savoie, since his arrival at the age of 16, with only $ 5 in his pocket, until the invention of the successful model that is Les Residences Soleil
November 13, 1988
Ground-breaking for the first Residences Soleil took place 30 years ago today. Especially designed to fulfill the parents of Mr. Savoie, find out the history behind the concept.
Already at the time, the whole family proudly took part of the project.
We invite you to stay tuned during the year 2019 for information about the festivities and novelties that will surround the celebration of our 30th anniversary to the services of seniors.
Mr. and Mrs. Savoie surrounded by a few grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
The great achievements of Mr. Eddy Savoie, besides his family:
- A pioneer of the concept of Les Residences for seniors that we know today across Canada.
- Initiator of the implementation of the tax credit for the home support of all seniors in Quebec since 2000.
- Winner of Best Managed Companies in Canada for 15 consecutive years and Platinum Member.
- Consumer Choice Award for 15 consecutive years in the category Private Seniors' Residences – Greater Montreal.
- Selected by the government to carry out the first major CHSLD in public-private partnership mode in Quebec, successfully achieving savings of $ 100M over 25 years for the people of Quebec.
Creation of unique programs for the benefit of Les Residences Soleil residents:
- Rent fixing
- Satisfaction insurance
- Accommodation upon non-voluntary departure
- Invention of short-stay plan at Les Residences Soleil to serve the population
- Honorary President of more than a dozen events and fundraising every year, to name just a few.
- See here other distinctions and social implications that have occurred in recent years.